Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ARTIST OF THE MONTH-JEPHONE PETIL





Coming out of Last Piñas City is our very first Artist of the Month here in Pinoy-Youtube. Youtube user EPSKY68, more popularly known as Jephone Petil comes from a family of musicians who inspired him to get into music himself. He learned to how to play the guitar at the age of 11 with the help of his older brother. After being separated from his “Kuya” who used to teach him how to play the guitar, Jephone was forced to master it by himself. I guess with the 14 original compositions he has posted in Youtube so far, it’s easy to assume that he did a great job at that.



I personally first bumped into one of Jephone’s videos while I was searching for Sugarfree’s song Kailan Ka ba?, but instead of that song, I found one of his oldest videos “Kailan Ba?” which is my personal favorite. I had the song recorded on my phone, and it’s been on my playlists for more than a year now. However, that song “Kailan Ba?” was deleted by Jephone himself because he sold it along with the song called “Move on” to a friend who is also a very promising youtube artists Joan Da.

Inspired by his ex-girlfriend, Jephone wrote his first song called "Ikaw ang Buhay Ko". The same girl who inspired him to write the song "Henya" which is a song about a guy who's still waiting for an ex-lover, someone who is hesitant and still unsure about the break-up and somehow he still hopes that the girl would come back (Henya according to him is the Tagalog codename of his ex-gf named Jenny). Jephone told me however that his favorite song is "Maghihintay". Great lyrics accompanied with a lively melody, it's no wonder anyone who hears it is bound to get the LSS (Last song Syndrome). The song seems to be the viewers favorite as well and even most of the students in his school knows it.

"Music is my passion, I've been doing it since I was a kid, sabi nila, very unique daw ng music ko, ahehe, kasi before i make a song, 1st dapat maganda ang melody, then 2nd, need ko ng inspiration and 3rd dapat iyong inspirasyon kong una na pag narinig na niya ung music ko, dapat sapul na sapul sya! hahaha, I get my inspirasyon from my past of course and sometimes sa mga friends ko hinihingi ko iyong mga sitwasyon ng lovelife nila, and ayon ang ginagawa kong kanta, such as "nasaan na:", "kailan ba", "my love my friend", "hahayaan ko ba" and "move on"--Jephone Petil


Q&A:

Did you expected that your videos will become popular?
-actually, no, di ko naman hangad sumikat, ang sakin lang, cguro pag kinanta ng isang sikat na singer ang kanta ko, hayzzz grabe super saya ko, haha

Do you ever play at gigs?
-Yes, i have a gig every friday night in QRT bar las piñas, tapat ng southmall, likod lang kasi un ng school namin kaya tinatanggap ko, ahehe

What's the best comment/worst comment you received in youtube?
-the best comment siguro iyong nasa profile ko na sinabi ni argelaie, hindi ko tlga iyon malilimutan, that i always touch her heart regarding sa songs na mga ginagawa ko, lahat kasi ng comment binabasa ko tlga, then the worst, hmmn cguro ung video ko na nasa banyo ako, ahaha, aun inokray lang naman ung video ko,

Tell us anything else you'd like to share, things like trivia's, strange things about you and songs...your inspirations.
-I have 14 original songs, inspired by my ex and my friends, cguro ung mga, una iyong sa ex ko, sa friends and iyong sa bago kong inspiration, ahehe, ito ung pagkakasunod sunod nila

Ikaw ang Buhay Ko
Promise
Maging Akin Ka
My Love, My Friend
I'm Gonna
Never take the Test of Pride
Kailan Ba?
Henya
Hahayaan Ko Ba?
Awit ng Tropa
Move On
Maghintay
Nasaan Na

Throughout the Month, I will be posting reviews on his songs, comments, and video responses from youtube Viewers alongside other interesting Pinoy Youtube Videos, Users and Artists.
EPSKY68 YOUTUBE CHANNEL
JEPHONE's Friendster account: Click Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

free counters

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines classic
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com